Subway Mahem

When I first saw it, the subway was a huge shock to me. I had never seen so many people in such a small space!  Now that I'm used to it, though, I love the subway because it is so simple and easy to use! All the maps and signs are in English as well as hangul. This makes it a great way to travel around Seoul when you don't have a car or traffic gets bad.
The subway can be amazing when traffic gets bad. (-:

You can usually find subway entrances every block or so just along the street. 
Typical subway entrance
I live in Park Towers, right next to Gate 13 of Yongsan Army post (also known as the visitor gate), and Ichon station on line 4 is our closest subway stop, less than a block away.  We use it to get anywhere, from the orthodontist (we go to Columbia Orthodontist in Apgujeong) to the downtown palaces to the zoo.  We even use it to get to the airport.  
Ichon Station is the closest station to the visitor gate(gate 13)
You can buy your subway tickets at little kiosks right inside any subway entrance, but I prefer to use a T-money card.  You can buy one at any 7-11 or other convenience store and then you pre-load them with money.  Then, anytime you are heading out on the subway, you just swipe your card.  You can use your T-money cards to pay for taxis too.

Comments